If you are receiving an error of "Unable to execute the desired program. Please get another copy of the installer and try again," please try the following troubleshooting steps:
Make sure your system drivers, especially your graphics card drivers, are updated, then try launching ESO.
Delete the installer that was saved to the computer and re-download it from the website or from Steam and see if the same issue occurs.
Why am I getting the error "Unable to execute the desired program. Please get another copy of the installer and try again" when I'm trying to install the TG install/ launcher?
If it does, proceed to next steps:
- Run the game as administrator
- If Java is installed, please update manually
- Disable your firewall and anti-virus software (and all security software) while you download the TG installer.
- Clear your web browser's cache.
- Try downloading using a different web browser.
This error could also be due to a corrupt file associated with InstallAnywhere located in a Temp folder on the local machine. To correct the error, clear all files in the local Temp folders:
- C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp
If all else fails:
- Install with a different local admin account
- Install to another pc